Holliday Fenoglio Fowler LP is leaving its longtime North Central Expressway digs and moving to Victory Park. The real estate investment banking firm has leased 32,000 square feet in One Victory Park, a 19-story, 436,000-square-foot tower owned by Hines and UST Victory Park, a German Real Estate Investment Fund managed by Estein and Associates.
HFF will take occupancy on the 12th floor next September. About 105 employees will relocate from the company’s current space in One Lincoln Park.
The deal takes One Victory Park to 94 percent leased. Other tenants in the building, located at 2323 Victory Ave., include Haynes & Boone, Ernst & Young, and Plains Capital Bank.
Lance Fair, vice president of Victory Park, said HFF’s commitment “further validates the strength of the Victory Park District and the attractiveness of the Uptown area to a growing number of office tenants.”
Jon McNeil and Matt Craft of Jones Lang LaSalle represented HFF in its search. Bill Brokaw and Mark Dickenson of Cushman & Wakefield represented the property owners in lease negotiations.
“HFF was looking for a space that would allow them to consolidate their employees onto one floor and would provide first-rate access and amenities for both their employees and clients,” Brokaw said in a statement.
Mark Gibson and Jody Thornton, along with John Fowler in Boston and John Pelusi in Pittsburgh, oversee national operations for Holliday Fenoglio Fowler. The company was profiled in D CEO magazine last year.
Hines owns and manages about 2.3 million square feet of North Texas office space. In addition to One Victory Park, other holdings include Chase Tower, Citymark, MacArthur Ridge II, and Plaza at Legacy.
Here’s information on additional happenings at the sprawling mixed-use complex surrounding American Airlines Center, taken from a Victory Park press release:
• Plains Capital Bank expanded its space at One Victory Park by 7,000 square feet.
• Cumulus Media leased 30,097 square feet at Victory Plaza in April for six radio stations: “The Ticket” KTCK-AM (1310), “The Wolf” KPLX-FM (99.5), KLIF-AM Talk Radio (570), New Country KSCS-FM (96.3), I93-FM Today’s Hit Music, and WBAP News Talk (820AM and 96.7FM).
• Retail openings in 2012 included luxury footwear boutique, The Office of Angela Scott, which opened in September, and the Chad Rookstool Salon, which opened in October. In addition, Cook Hall, an American gastropub, opened at the W Hotel in November.
• The Perot Museum of Nature & Science opened earlier this month.
• Projects under construction include the 377-unit Arpeggio Victory Park upscale multifamily complex, and Alamo Manhattan’s 263-unit, six-story apartment building, which is slated for completion in spring 2014.
• Camden Residential purchased a six-acre block north of the American Airlines Center with plans for a residential development on the site.
• KDC announced plans in February to build a 23-story office tower on Victory Park Lane.